Job Action Day 2008 is all about facing the realities of the global economic meltdown and taking action steps to protect your job, build your career.
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
There is no question that the U.S. economy -- and economies around the globe -- are hurting. Companies announce retrenchments, mergers, and layoffs on a daily basis. No job is safe in these situations, but there are also may opportunities for hiring and promotions -- under the right conditions and with the right strategies.
The articles and blog entries related to Job Action Day give both workers and job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to secure your futures -- both in the short-term and in the long-term.
Job Action Day 2008 Articles
- How Secure is Your Job? A Job Jeopardy/Layoff Assessment from Quintessential Careers
- Is Your Job in Jeopardy? Impending Layoff Warning Signs
- Developing Your Job/Career/Life Survival Plan: Preparing for the Possibility of Losing Your Job in Weak Economic Times
- Silver Linings in a Financial Meltdown: How Workers and Job-Seekers Can Make the Best of a Bad Economy
- Job-Search Advice for College Seniors and Recent College Grads: Job-Hunting in Times of Uncertainty
- Attacking the Job Market and Workplace Proactively in Tough Times: A Roundup of Expert Advice
Job Action Day 2008 Participating Blogs
- Quintessential Careers Blog
- Career Doctor Blog
- Quintessential Resume and Cover Letter Tips Blog
- A Storied Career
- Alexandra Levit: Alexandra Levit's Water Cooler Wisdom
- Barbara Safani: CareerSolvers
- Career Manangement Alliance Blog
- Curt Rosengren: The M.A.P. Maker [Meaning Abundance & Passion]
- Darrell Gurney: In The Line of Hire
- Dave Rigotti: Career Fire
- Deborah Brown-Volkman: Surpass Your Dreams
- Diane Danielson: THE WOMEN'SDISH with Diane & Friends
- Jacob Share: JobMob
- Jason Alba: Jibber Jobber Blog
- Lindsey Pollak: Lindsey Pollak Blog: Career Advice & Commentary
- Louise Fletcher: blueskyresumesblog
- Maggie Mistal: what if...
- Miriam Salpeter: Keppie Careers
- Rich Milgram: EmploymentMetrix.com
- Steven Davies: JobPerfect Job Search Techniques
- Steven Rothberg: CollegeRecruiter.com Blog
- Wendy Terwelp: Rock Your Career
- Willy Franzen: One Day, One Job
Read the Job Action Day 2008 News Release.
Job Action Day was established by Quintessential Careers, the Web's leading career site, as an annual event that brings together career experts and bloggers to provide the most relevant advice to job-seekers and workers.
Job Action Day Sponsors:
Find a New Job from Indeed