Act II: Finding Career Satisfaction After 50
Job Action Day: November 2nd, 2015
F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote that “there are no second acts in American lives.” But when it comes to your career, it’s never too late to keep growing, improving, and reaching for your goals!
Older workers are one of the fastest-growing segments of the American economy: more than 45 million folks over the age of 50 are still making important contributions as part of the workforce. If you’re in this category, or if you’re a baby boomer (or beyond!) looking for work, this year’s Job Action Day has been designed for you.
LiveCareer has gathered an impressive range of career experts and successful bloggers to provide a full day’s worth of tips, tools, articles, and resources specific to the needs and challenges of more experienced workers. You’ll find a wealth of information to help you stay competitive in your field, feel valued in your workplace, find a new job if you want one, and make the next act of your career a smashing success.
Whether you’re working because you need the money, you love what you do, or you’re making a fresh start, Job Action Day is all about empowering you with the knowledge and the confidence you need to take the next step in your professional journey.
Job Action Day 2015 Expert Articles
· Facing Career Change After 50? 3 Reasons Employers Want to Hire You, by Louise Jenner
· Boomers Over 50 More Likely to Succeed as Entrepreneurs, by Alexandra Levit
· Too Old to Start a New Career? Think Again, by Sarah Bell
· How to Find Career Satisfaction After 50, by Sarah Landrum
· Chapter Two: Your Value Skyrockets After 50, by Amy McGeorge
· Job Search After 50: Find a Company, Not a Job, by Jeri Hird Dutcher
· Branding Tips for a Brand New Career, by Tamara Dowling
· Retirement Isn’t What It Used to be, by Hannah Morgan
· New Twist on Your Job Search, by Debra Wheatman
· How Can You Achieve Career Satisfaction After 50?, by Deborah Brown-Volkman
· It’s Not Too Late to Change Careers, by Kim Meninger
· Radical Career Change After 50: Jobs That Matter, by Heather Krasna
· Job Satisfaction Over the Age of 50, by Bryn Davies
· 7 Ways to Find Career Satisfaction After 50, by Kerry Hannon
· Job Action Day: Indispensable Job Search Do’s for Jobseekers Over 50, by QuintCareers
· Resume Tips: How to Handle Embarrassing Past Employers, by MyPerfectResume
· Boomers Take Flight to New Careers as Traditional Retirement Age Looms, by Dr. Randall Hansen
· Let’s Get to Work: Practical Tips for 50+ Jobseekers, by Arlene Wanetick
· Age Discrimination Revisited: Can Old People Get Jobs, by Jason Alba
· Over 50 – It’s a Mixed Bag, by Nancy Miller
· Over 50? How to Find Job Satisfaction, by Miriam Salpeter
· 50-plus? Some Career Wisdom from a Hockey Superstar, by Paul Raworth Bennett of Nova Career Strategies
· Back to Your Future After 50, by Wendy Terwelp